Sleep is not a want, it’s a fundamental need.
Times change, work hours become longer, somehow days get shorter and we have to keep adapting to our environment.
Now a full night’s sleep is nothing but a dream for most of us (pardon the pun) and once you have kids….. forget about.
The World Health Organization has declared a world wide Sleep Loss Epidemic
A group of parents recently completed my survey in which 100% of participants said they had problems with their children’s sleep or behaviour but only 20% said they would seek outside help.
It is okay to need some help sometimes and certainly okay to admit it!
After all, we wouldn’t hesitate to hire a plumber, a builder, a teacher and so on
We are forever outsourcing and yet parents remain isolated (even before lock down), so why should it be any different when it comes to children’s SLEEP?
It is no secret that sleep is so tricky for families, between the constant feeds, nappy changes, many emotions, teething, and let’s not forget that they often don’t want to be put down…EVER
Luckily, We now know more about sleep than we ever have before.
Using a Sleep Consulatnt is understandably often regarded with caution and suspicion but put simply, it’s about helping parents/carers to understand and optimise sleep in a gentle manner.
As your sleep consultant I promise to use my evidence-based expertise and training to work with you to see the big picture, work out what your goal is and devise a realistic, family centred plan and continuing after care.
LET’S START WITH A 20 MINUTE FREE CONSULTATION, IT MIGHT BE ALL YOU NEED!!
What you can expect from our sleep consultancy
1. Understand how and why your child sleeps or doesn’t as the case may be
2. Find realistic, gentle solutions that are individually tailored to you and your family’s needs
3. Have the necessary on-going support whilst implementing these new changes
4. Have a full say in what and how it works
5. Affordable pricing and options
How it works
First we would have a 20 minute Free consultation to assess how we can help and get you on the right plan for you and your family.
Assuming we choose a more comprehensive sleep plan and not one of our basic support plans we would then:
1. Send you a daily diary to be completed for a 48 hour period
2. Once the diary has been completed and returned, schedule a chat/visit to go through the diary in depth and discuss
3. Once I have all the information needed, I will go away and create an individually tailored, comprehensive Sleep plan
4. We then schedule another chat/visit to go through bit by bit, tweaking if necessary and explaining for a full understanding
5. Dependent on what type of Comprehensive sleep plan you have opted for, we will then stay in touch for the time period agreed
What you shouldn’t expect:
1. Unfortunately, even with all our technological advances there are no quick fixes or magic formulas
2. No Cry-it-out solutions
What age can I start a Sleep Plan?
I find that from birth you can start to put a couple of healthy sleep cues in to your day that can create good associations with sleep for later on. It’s less about finding one way to make your baby sleep and more about learning what transitions they will be going through in those first few years and having ideas and strategies in place that are age and environment appropriate.
I work with children up to 10 years old.
To find our how I can help, please get in touch